Thursday, May 18, 2017

Happy Birthday, Mumsie


Today my precious Mother turns 78.  We are exactly 19 years apart.  I am so blessed to have a mother like mine.  So often I hear stories about mothers who are less than what should be and I know she is a rare and beautiful woman--and a fabulous Mother.

She is so sweet.  She listens to me, she's proud of me.  She keeps my secrets and teaches me truth.  She amazes me and she loves me.

Here's a sweet story about Mumsie.  For years she would doodle 41 inside of a heart.  We used to tease her about it, and she would say, "When I turn 41 something BIG is going to happen.  And we would laugh.

The morning of her 41st Birthday Mount St. Helens blew her top in Washington State!  We all laughed and laughed over that--and we tease her about it to this day.  After that she never doodled a 41 inside of a heart again.  (grin)

I am SO blessed to have you in my life, Mumsie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I love you so.


No comments: