Friday, August 19, 2016

A Girl and Her Pal -Postcard Friendship Friday #325

This wonderful card was printed in the United States in 1975. A high school student, at the time, I received this from a pal I'd met at camp that summer.

I love the whimsical nature of the little girl hugging her bouquet of flowers and the cat's happy pursuit of the yellow butterfly. From her adorable dust-covered feet, one can tell she's been barefoot for most of the day.

This card brings back so many good memories. Long hot summers spent playing in the woods, chasing up the trees with my cats, building forts with my siblings and cousins. We truly had a wonderful, magical childhood.

I apologize for missing PFF last week.  I was dealing with a lot of pain that week and ended up visiting the hospital emergency room.  After the tests were evaluated, the ER doctor sent me to a surgeon for consultation on an immediate hip replacement.  I have been momentously distracted. I will try to have PFF up and running each week, but I may not be able to respond to your comments, if it is too close to when I have the surgery.

Please know how much I appreciate your visits.  I especially enjoy the comments you leave for me.  May God keep you close to His heart, dear Friends--Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week! 

  * BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

*THEMES:  You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday.  Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them! 

A REMINDER:  Links which do not have to do with Postcard Friendship  Friday will be removedLinks which advertise various products will share that same fateAny and all suspicious links will be reported to Blogspot then deleted.





No comments: