Friday, January 9, 2015

Valentine Lilacs -Postcard Friendship Friday #253


I apologize for missing the past two weeks.  This has been an extremely hard time for my family and me.  May God bless and keep you, as He has done with us, as we walk this path of grief together.

Here is another postcard from my "cyber" collection. I've posted this before, but because I love this postcard so much, I am putting it up again.  I adore the drape of the lilacs and the way they frame the delightful countenance of this lovely young woman. I can almost smell the aroma of the lilac trees. Ah--how we all long for spring. I can hardly wait for the lilacs.

Have a lovely week and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday.

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard,be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the pieces you love and tell us why you like them.

 *  REMINDER:  and links which contain advertising will be deleted. Also, any and all suspicious links which do not lead to a correct website will be reported and deleted.




13 comments:

Mary said...

We don't have many lilacs here in California, but my neighbor has one in her back yard. I hope it sends a volunteer into my yard and starts to grow!

Irene said...

You don't often see Lilacs associated with Valentine's Day. How lovely. Happy PFF

Paul van Yperen said...

I love lilacs. A pretty card.

Lyneen said...

thanks for stopping by. Rusty Pickle manufactured paper and embellishments.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

That's a very pretty card! Lilacs are one of my topmost favourites but I haven't had the room to grow them for years. They have the most wonderful scent!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card!

Lois said...

Ahhh....I love lilacs!

MuseSwings said...

You're right! As I scrolled down through the card I could smell those lilacs. Beautiful flower and perfect card for the day!

Clytie said...

Beautiful. I love lilacs too.

steviewren said...

I wish I had a lilac bush in my yard. I think it gets to hot here in the summer. Pretty card!

Christine H. said...

Hi Beth,
I tried to email you the Lincoln card you requested, but the email bounced back and said you were over quota, you popular girl! So, either you have too many emails or the file size is too big (it was just over 1MB, I think.) Let me know if you have another address or what you would like me to do.

Christine

P.S. It's true...you can alomost smell those lilacs.

Patty said...

When I see lilacs, I always think of my Paternal Grandmother. She had several big ole lilac bushes at her house and we could pick off as many as we wanted. So she always had flowers sitting on her table.

Stacey said...

I too am longing for Spring. Old man winter and his snow needs to move on!