Friday, December 5, 2014

Joyous Noel -Postcard Friendship Friday #248

Here is another Tucks postcard, printed around the turn of the last century. This lovely little girl's unique heart and spirit have sparkled from her face and eyes for nearly 100 years. I find that idea to be fascinating. I can't help wondering about who she was, and what her life was like. There is something so precious and rare about her.

If anyone knows anything about her family and history, I would love to hear from you.

I apologize for getting Postcard Friendship Friday out so late, it has been a difficult month for my family and me.  God bless you and give you a blessed Christmas holiday.

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week! 

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

*  THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the pieces you love and tell us why you like them.

*  REMINDER: Comments and links which contain advertising will be deleted. Also, any and all suspicious links which do not lead to a correct website will be reported and deleted.




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great postcard! Thanks for sharing.

Snap said...

She is a gorgeous little girl. Lovely card.

It is time for Happy Holidays! (or Holidaze)

Poetic Painter said...

I agree...it would be fascinating to know who she was. Great picture!

JANN said...

THIS IS GREAT IMAGE, NEVER SAW THIS ONE BEFORE, WHAT A FIND.

Patty said...

I love these old post cards. They remind me a lot of a basket of cards my Grandmother had sitting in her living rooms so us kids could look through them.

Christine said...

This is that same girl again, isn't it? I wonder how many postcards she's on. She has a very distinctive look. There must be some book on the history of Tuck postcards that would mention who she was. Do you ever participate in any of the Portland postcard club (Webfooters) events? Someone there might know more.

Anonymous said...

This image is really beautiful!

Tussy said...

She is beautiful! Must be more beautiful when she gets older too.

You Got A Posty
All Little Thing I Like
My 2nd Hand Book Shop

Lois said...

Look at those darling clothes! I am imagining my dear Granny, who was probably around the same age as this little girl, wearing clothes like that. I love that backward glance on her face!

MrCachet said...

I wonder if someone along the way didn't ask the same questions about this little girl. Her expressions seem to be so innocent.

Sheila said...

She must have had a full time job, posing for so many cards! Interesting the symbols used for Christmas - a branch from a fir tree and an iced up window.

Clytie said...

Yes, she is so beautiful and mysterious ...

Irene said...

What a great postcard, love the little girl.

Unknown said...

She is just lovely.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Thinking of you, Beth.